Small Animal Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2nd Edition
Essentials of Small Animal Anesthesia and Analgesia, Second Edition presents the
fundamentals of managing small
animal anesthesia patients in a
clinically relevant, accessible
manual. The bulk of the book is
distilled from Lumb and Jones'
Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
to provide authoritative information
in a quick-reference format, with
references to Lumb and Jones'
throughout for easy access to
further detail. Logically
reorganized with an easy-to-use
structure and an increased focus on
pain management, this new edition
features new chapters on equipment
and managing specific conditions.
The Second Edition has been
updated to reflect current practices
in anesthesia and analgesia, and a
new companion website offers review
questions and answers, video clips,
and an image bank with additional
figures not found in the printed
book. Essentials of Small Animal
Anesthesia and Analgesia, Second
Edition provides veterinary care
providers and students with key
information on anesthetic and
analgesic pharmacology, physiology,
patient assessment, and clinical
- The book has been restructured from the previous edition, with many chapters reworked.
- The first-edition chapter on anesthesia management of patients with disease has been replaced by seven new chapters on anesthesia for patients with specific disease written specifically for this book.
- Offers an increased focus on pain management.
- The first edition was presented entirely in outline format, but the second is written in a narrative (but still accessible) format.
- Now includes a companion website with review questions and answers; additional figures and video from the authorsí (very well known) Made Easy book with Teton New Media may also be included.
- New editors Kurt Grimm and Leigh Lamont
- Information on non-mammal exotics has been removed since these are significantly different and the previous edition coverage didnít do them justice
- Information on euthanasia has been removed (in line with Lumb and Jones) because this is too complex of a subject for a single chapter
October 2011, 572 Pages, Paperback, ISBN 978-0-8138-1236-6